From AliensRL Wiki
Weapons are your means to fight all of the enemies you'll find in AliensRL. All weapons are ranged and do not require that you be adjacent to the enemy in order to attack them. By comparison, nearly all enemies must engage you in melee in order to deal damage: this is the player's primary combat advantage and should be used effectively.
Each weapon has the following properties:
- Ammunition Used: this relates to the ammo that is fired from the weapon. Not only is this property important with regards to keeping your weapon properly loaded, the ammunition type also determines the weapon's overall damage (see article for details).
- Accuracy: this determines how much your firing accuracy is affected when using the weapon. Note that a being's accuracy as a whole directly affects the amount of damage done by a particular attack.
- Damage modifier: this determines how much the damage of an attack is modified by the weapon. It will almost always be zero or positive.
- Shots fired: this indicates how many projectiles are fired from the weapon in a single action. Currently, the number of projectiles fired is also equal to the amount of ammunition expended.
- Base Fire Time: this tells how long the weapon takes to fire in a single action. As a standard, most actions take one second of game time.
- Base Reload Time: this tells how long the weapon takes to reload its ammunition. Reloading the weapon always takes the same amount of time, regardless of how much ammo is currently loaded.
- Clip size: this determines how much ammunition fits in the weapon's magazine.
Weapon locations are also described in each article. Specifically:
- If a weapon can be found in a "civilian only" location, this means that it will not be generated in the Main, Security, or Military towers, and is especially common in the Storage tower.
- If a weapon can be found in a "military only" location, this means that it will only be generated in the Main, Security, or Military towers: these weapons are rare in the Main tower but common in the Military tower.
- M4A3 pistol (secondary)
- M4A4 tactical pistol (secondary)
- M4A5 compact pistol (secondary)
- MK 88 combat pistol (secondary)